IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! - APPLY TODAY!!!
Safety is our priority! COVID-19 protocols are in place, including mandatory face coverings, social distancing, disinfection standards, and others to protect our associates.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
As an OTR (Off-The-Road) Service Technician, you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for off-the-road equipment (e.g., construction, earthmoving, mining, farm).
Heavy Equipment Tire Tech (OTR) CDL
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Dismount and mount any type of off-the-road tire including multi-piece rims.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
- Mount and safely inflate tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Operate heavy duty tire service equipment and tools including boom cranes, cribbing, jacks, compressors, electric, and hydraulic equipment.
- Properly execute required service ticket and other paperwork.
- Comply with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
- Observe and comply with all other safety and liability guidelines and policies, including using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines as well as manual tools.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of guests.
- Properly maintain assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment and tools.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Previous relevant OTR commercial tire service experience
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Current CDL required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- OTR service training and certifications.
- High School or GED.
- Experience Operating a 30,000 lbs. GVW OTR Service Boom Truck.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.